Uganda and Rwanda

Uganda and Rwanda

June 24th

I've been so terrible updating my blog for the last few days. Mostly because nothing too terribly interesting has been going on. And also because I've been so busy. 

Tavia and I have spent the last few days going through interviews and trying to determine how we were going to present the data. We ultimately created three categories and identified common themes that participants mentioned in their interviews, and then went back through each interview one by one to see who said what and if we missed anything else. Then yesterday we spent the entire day actually writing the paper. It definitely needs some serious editing but we have a completed draft! I  am hopeful we will be able to finish it today! Which is definitely sooner than I thought. Then on Thursday we're going to a Health Center III to shadow a public health nurse there. And...I haven't counted my practicum hours but I have a sneaking suspicion they'll be all done by then! We'll see...

We've had a few groups in and out the last couple of days. We had about 40 high school students here for a few days. We're down to a grup of about 15 of them now. The last big thing is a party ENtusi will host for the mental health facilitators on the 29th. Then Tavia and I head to Kampala on the 1st and we'll see what happens from there!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how slow and fast this journey has been. It's amazing to think your research is completed!! Look at you conquering the world!!

    ReplyDelete